Sunday, June 21, 2009

Clover Crafts, the lady with amazing buttons.


1) If you were a cake, what kind of cake would you be?
A fruit cake- I have a mixed range of interests and for a fruit cake you need lots of ingredients.

2) What will you be doing at “A Makey ‘do’”?
I will be selling buttons-mainly from the 1940's- plastics, pearls, glass, wood, buckles and vintage haberdashery.

3) Fish and Chips or Curry?
Definitely Fish and Chips with tomato sauce

4) Where else can your wares usually be found?
I have a shop on Ebay- Clover Crafts and Curios, my ebay ID is sheilajuno. I also have a stall at a Vintage Fair that is held in Whitstable each month. Occasionally I can also be found at local groups/exhibitions.

5) Do you usually hang out in Sandwich, or are you a visitor?
Yes I visit Sandwich on a regular basis, not as much as I used to since many of the antique shops and the dolls house shop closed, both of which are my passions.

6) Who is your all-time hero?
Beatrix Potter for her wonderful tales and the legacy she left to the Lake District. Many women writers, Enid Blyton, Agatha Christie being two favourites.

7) Who got you started on your crafty journey?
Meeting lots of talented people when I was living in Rutland, which lead to opening a craft shop in the 1980's. When I moved to Kent in 1986 I began a career in social work, since retiring I began 'thrifting' and moved into buying and selling, something that I have always wanted to do.

8) What colour draws you most?
The colours of the rainbow.

9) Where do you go for inspiration?
Antique and Collectibles Fair, Dolls House Shows, exhibitions of craft work.

10) Do you dunk?
Most definitely-hate it though when the biscuit breaks and ends up in the bottom of the mug!
Thanks so much Sheila! I nearly got sucked in to browsing your e-bay shop for hours. I know from experience that Clover Crafts is a hard stall to walk past, but the buttons are really special, so who would want too?
I will show you what Clover Crafts sent for the goodie bags, in case you couldn't guess, but not today!

2 comments:

  1. oh look at those buttons - they look like a plate of delicious biscuits. at least they wouldn't disintegrate when you yucky dunkers do your thang.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining in with a Makey 'do'

Analytics